Sunday 22 July 2012

Coffee and Cream Cupcakes

I had quite a bit of cream left over from the eclairs and so decided to use the little gadget that Elisabeth over at Everyday is Yummy sent me in my first Foodie Pen Pals package. This little tool makes it much easier and neater to fill cakes and do you know what's better than a cupcake? A cupcake with a surprise in the middle!


I made coffee cupcakes then once they had cooled I took out the centre and poured in a teaspoon of cooled coffee. I then filled with vanilla cream and put the top back on the centre. Ideally I think I would top with a chocolate ganache but I didn't have any chocolate in the cupboard so I flavoured some cream with cocoa powder and used that instead.


They were once again devoured by the office except for one which was my breakfast after a particularly late night which has proved devasting to my diet! Coffee cake is a perfectly acceptable breakfast because it's basically just coffee and a pastry rolled into one!



No comments:

Post a Comment