Sunday 1 July 2012

Foodie Pen Pals - June

My foodie pen pal for this month was Laura Henderson who blogs over at Aga Girls. Laura works near me so she hand delivered my parcel which for some reason made it even more exciting!

A very pretty package arrived at my office about a week ago and made my day :)It was full of homemade goodies: a lemon cake, honey, chutney and jams/jellies.




The cake went down very well and this is what was left of it by the time I managed to charge my camera!It had a gorgeous crunchy sugary topping and was delicious with some yoghurt.




As you can see I have also been making my way through the honey rather rapidly. I absolutely love honey, not only is it great to cook with but honey toast is a wonderfully simple and delicious breakfast. Laura told me that it is made by her parents and it's delicious!

It was really lovely to have a parcel full of homemade food, chutneys and jams are something that I really want to try making myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment