Wednesday 19 September 2012

Happy Cupcake

So it turns out that National Cupcake Week coincides with me starting work as a baker at a cupcakery. So my week has indeed involved many a cupcake - from oreos to strawberry and including gluten and dairy-free, I've not done it all but I've made a start!

Here's a little glimpse of what I've been up to:

Salted Caramel Cupcakes


Marbled 'Jazzie' Cupcakes


The shop, to see more visit dixiescupcakery.co.uk



It seemed only right that I bring in cupcakes for my last day in the office last week so another late night of baking produced some chocolate orange and some amaretto cupcakes. I made chocolate cupcakes by using cocoa powder and grating chocolate into the mixture and topped with orange flavoured cream cheese frosting. Generous glugs of amaretto were added to batter and buttercream for the pretty in pink cupcakes.





I'm entering these two creations into this months Calender Cakes challenge (which has the apt theme of cupcakes!) which is hosted by Dollybakes (www.dollybakes.co.uk) and Laura Loves Cakes (lauralovescakes.blogspot.co.uk)



So whether you've been baking or eating (or both!) I hope you've had a wonderful week of cupcakes!


3 comments:

  1. what a brilliant job! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious...thanks for entering them into Calendar Cakes!!! Where is the cupcake bakery you work in??? I'd love to do that job!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's in St. Albans so sad that I'll be leaving London but so happy to be baking every day!

      Delete