Tuesday 14 October 2014

I scream, you scream ...

Ice-cream

When you've spent the morning walking round The Grand Palace, the sun searing through your factor 50 to create some impressive tan lines, you need an ice cream. In Thailand it seems that you never far from someone selling coconut ice cream, whether it be in a cup, cone, shell or bread roll (yeah, I don't get it either) but in Bangkok there are more and more artisan ice cream shops and stalls popping up.

Most offer the classic scoops in a variety of delicious flavours. But this little stall on Khao San road sold what I would describe as 'Magnum-style' ice creams only far superior. Each flavour has a different design made from chocolate and icing which when bitten, gives way to ice cream heaven. The effect was wonderful and I've never seen anything like this before.



Ice-cream


Almost too pretty too eat eh? Only obviously not. I can confirm that the mint chic chip is yummy and I've got my eye on the Tiramisu flavour for our next visit...!
A bit peng (expensive) at 80 baht (about £1.50) but worth it to try something a bit different :)

No comments:

Post a Comment