Wednesday 26 November 2014

Cupcakes at Brixton Market


I have been rather absent from the blogging and twitter world recently. Early starts and a very busy weekend of work and markets took it's toll on me. But I am now enjoying two days off and a working iPhone has out me back in the 21st century so hopefully I should get back on track soon :)

Having really enjoyed having stalls on Brixton markets before, I signed up for the October 'High Tea and Flea' about a month ago. Since then I gave obvipusly changed jobs and now work on Saturdays. So how can you be in two places at once? With the help of two wonderful sales people (aka sister and boyfriend) Special kudos goes to my little sister who travelled down from Essex to help me sell cakes. Having also helped out at the Brixton Bake Off she is now a Mixing Bowl veteran and something of a good luck charm :)




Given my tight schedule I decided to keep the menu simple and stick with 3 cupcake variations, lemon tarts and branched out a bit with some bagels.



I used a basic vanilla recipe as the base for each of the cupcakes which allowed me to squeeze in baking and enjoy a glass of wine and chilli with my sister and boyfriend. The below recipe will give you 12 light, moist vanilla cupcakes to customise as you wish :)

Ingredients:
200g butter
200g caster sugar
200g self-raising flour
2 eggs
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 teaspoons vanila extract
1 tablespoon milk

Preheat the oven to 160C. Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add an egg and mix well. Fold in half the flour and baking powder. Mix in the second egga dn the vanilla essenca and fold in the rest of the flour. Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes.

Oreo Cupcakes
These were hugely popular, unsurprisingly, I mean everyone loves an oreo, right? A vanilla sponge is baked with an oreo in the bottom of the case. crushed oreos are mixed into vanilla buttercream and they are topped with a cute mini oreo.

Rainbow Cupcakes
These vanilla cupcakes are jazzed up with a lot of colour and I love how they look! Not sure that something so vibrant appeals to be as being edible but they're certainly popular with kids!

Cheesecake CupcakesI filled the bottom of the cases with dijestive biscuit base. I then half filled the cases with vanilla batter and dropped a few chocolate caramel drops in each. I madea cheesecake mixture from creanm cheese sugar and an egg and used it to top off the cupcakes. To finish I piped on cream cheese frosting and crumbled a dijestive.


1 comment:

  1. im in awe of your dedication, you are literally a cupcake machine!
    also sad that help you out this time around, i have a camera just waiting to take pictures of all of your cupcakes! how did you get the neat finish on the sprinkles cupcake?

    ReplyDelete