Sunday 31 August 2014

Oaty eggs for breakfast

Eggs

I love oats and I'm always looking for new ways to eat them! Usually it's sugary sweet in a pancake, cookie, flapjack or drizzled with honey in porridge. This week however, I opted for a savoury option for my Saturday breakfast and I did not regret it.

This was a tasty, satisfying way to begin my day and set me up well to work my way through my 'to do' list.

..........................................................................................

Recipe:
(makes one serving)

Half an onion

2 eggs
2 tablespoons of oats
1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (adjust to your taste)
Oil (I think I used vegetable oil but I can't actually read the writing on the bottle!)
Salt and black pepper to season

Dry fry the chilli flakes and oats until the oats are golden brown and then set to one side. Head up some oil in the pan fry the onions until softened. Add the oats back into the pan and mix with the onions. Divide the mixture in two sections in the pans ready to crack an egg over each.

Now fry the eggs. If you pan is dry, add a little more oil so that the eggs don't stick. Then crack one egg over each section of onion and oat mixture and fry to perfection! Plate up and season with salt and pepper.
..........................................................................................

There you go - a super quick, easy and healthy breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment